Portugal won for the fourth consecutive year, the Best Destination in Europe in the 2020. Already considered the Oscars of Tourism, it is a distinction awarded by professionals. This year (2020) instead of ceremony, it was made in virtual format. Year after year, the country and the very different services that embrace tourism put Portugal with the best results ever in 2019, before pandemia.
Porto won as the best Europe´s Leading City Break Destination 2020. A Southern West country of Europe and this city was promoted internationally, due to the proximity with Douro wine region. Major positive aspects are : low cost flights, short time flight till 4 hours to the main airports of Europe and of course, the local services quality.
Lisbon won as the Europe´s Leading Cruise Port 2020 and Cruise Destination 2020. Investments on the margin of the river in front of Alfama / Santa Apolónia in Lisbon, deliver a whole new landscape. In addition, the increased quality of services delivered to passengers and tour operators like Monocasta for example, providing full day or multi-day wine tours.
L’AND Vineyards in Alentejo Wine region won the Europe’s Leading Wine Region Hotel. A award for the amazing work developed during years from accommodation, wine and restaurant.
Best destination, 21 Awards
Portugal received 21 awards by the World Travel Awards 2020, Europe Edition . In the end of November it will be the World Edition. Portugal is now in good position to be awarded once again . For now, the list of the 21 awards :
– Europe’s Leading Design Hotel 2020 – 1908 Lisboa Hotel
– Europe’s Leading Luxury Hotel 2020 – Belmond Reid’s Palace
– Europe’s Leading Lifestyle Resort 2020 – Conrad Algarve
– Europe’s Leading Tourism Development Project 2020 – Dark Sky Alqueva
– Europe’s Responsible Tourism Award 2020 – Dark Sky Alqueva
– Europe’s Leading Luxury Resort & Villas 2020 – Dunas Douradas Beach Club SA
– Europe’s Leading Wine Region Hotel 2020 – L’AND Vineyards
– Europe’s Leading Cruise Destination 2020 – Lisbon, Portugal
– Europe’s Leading Cruise Port 2020 – Lisbon Cruise Port
– Europe’s Most Romantic Resort 2020 – Monte Santo Resort
– Europe’s Leading Adventure Tourist Attraction 2020 – Passadiços do Paiva (Arouca UNESCO Global Geopark), Portugal
– Europe’s Leading Lifestyle Hotel 2020 – Pestana CR7 Lisboa, Lifestyle Hotel
– Europe’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort 2020 – Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive Beach & Spa Resort
– Europe’s Leading City Break Destination 2020 – Porto, Portugal
– Europe’s Leading Boutique Hotel 2020 – Sublime Comporta
– Europe’s Leading Airline to Africa 2020 – TAP Air Portugal
– Europe’s Leading Airline to South America 2020 – TAP Air Portugal
– Europe’s Leading Inflight Magazine 2020 – Up Magazine (TAP Air Portugal)
– Europe’s Leading Destination 2020 – Portugal
– Europe’s Leading Beach Destination 2020 – The Algarve, Portugal
– Europe’s Leading Luxury Boutique Hotel 2020 – Valverde Hotel
In conclusion, Portugal won even more recognization. Share and promote it on your social media channels. We are present on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook .